The Visual Coverage Tool (VCT) is a geospatial data discovery, viewing, and management tool that shows footprints of all online and offline maps and images available on a network.
Data can be managed from a CD, DVD, or loaded to online storage. Users can access data from a variety of locations and sources and display footprints of the geospatial data displayed over SOCET SET® Controlled Image Base (CIB®) format production module, which uses MIL-PRF-89041, May 15, 1995 format specifications, CADRG, VPF, or World Maps. The graphical display allows easy selection for continued processing in SOCET GXP®, including image manipulation, enhancements, image and ground space annotations, product templates, Sensor Model Factory (SMF) mensuration, and NITF save with SPIA tags.
Benefits of VCT include:
- Users can manage all image and vector files on a network
- VCT plots all footprints to show coverage, which are color-coded by file type
- VCT acts like a database management system
- VCT keeps track of:
- SOCET SET Digital Point Positioning Data Base (DPPDB) format production module, which uses MIL-PRF-89034, March 1999 format specifications (online and offline)
- All 42 types of CADRG
- All NITF imagery, color coding by sensor
- SOCET SET Controlled Image Base (CIB) format production module, which uses MIL-PRF-89041, May 15, 1995 format specifications
- VPF, shapefiles
- TIFF, MSI, and SOCET SET support files