SOCET GXP® System Requirements
- Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® 10; 64-bit
- Network: 1 Gigabit (1 Gbps) or better recommended, minimum 10 Megabit (10 Mbps)
- System Disk/Installation Location: 14 GB of free disk space for software – recommend SSD for best performance
- Data Disk: Recommend 1-2 TB disk space for data – 7200 RPM or faster disks
- RAM: Minimum 16GB RAM; 32GB or more recommended
- CPU: Minimum 8 core CPU; recommended 16 core or better and minimum 2.0 GHz speed
- OpenGL: 2.1 or later
Hardware Requirements/Supported Video Cards
The minimum recommended graphics card is the NVIDIA® Quadro K4000; however, it is recommended to have a NVIDIA Quadro P4000 or better for better performance. Lower level NVIDIA Quadro cards are available, but they do not offer stereo sync nor do we test SOCET GXP software with them.
When performing ASM terrain extraction, it is recommended to use a NVIDIA Quadro P6000 or RTX6000.
|GPU Name||Release||GPU Architecture||Memory||Memory Type||Memory Bandwidth||Extra Power Connector||Max Power||Motherboard Interface||Form Factor||Display Connectors|
|NVIDIA Quadro K4000||3/1/2013||Kepler||3Gb||192-bit GDDR5||134 Gb (max)||No (6 pin)||80w||PCI Express 2.0 x16||Single Slot - 4.4" H x 9.5" L||2x Display Port 1.2, DL-DVI-I|
|NVIDIA Quadro K5000||8/17/2014||Kepler||4Gb||256-bit GDDR5||173 Gb (max)||No (6 pin)||122w||PCI Express 2.0 x16||Dual Slot - 4.4" H x 10.5" L||2x Display Port 1.2, 2x DL-DVI-I|
|NVIDIA Quadro K6000||7/23/2013||Kepler||12Gb||384-bit GDDR5 ECC||288 Gb (max)||Yes (2x 6 pin)||225w||PCI Express 3.0 x16||Dual Slot - 4.4" H x 10.5" L||2x Display Port 1.2, 2x DL-DVI-I|
|NVIDIA Quadro M4000||4/8/2015||Maxwell||8Gb||256-bit GDDR5||192 Gb (max)||No (6 pin)||120w||PCI Express 3.0 x16||Single Slot - 4.4" H x 9.5" L||4x Display Port 1.2|
|NVIDIA Quadro M5000||6/29/2015||Maxwell||8Gb||256-bit GDDR5||212 Gb (max)||No (6 pin)||150w||PCI Express 3.0 x16||Dual Slot - 4.4" H x 10.5" L||4x Display Port 1.2, DVI-D|
|NVIDIA Quadro M6000||3/5/2016||Maxwell||12Gb or 24 GB||384-bit GDDR5 ECC||317 Gb (max)||No (8 pin)||250w||PCI Express 3.0 x16||Dual Slot - 4.4" H x 10.5" L||4x Display Port 1.2, DVI-D|
|NVIDIA Quadro P4000||2/6/2017||Pascal||8Gb||256-bit GDDR5||243 Gb (max)||Yes (2x 6 pin)||105w||PCI Express 3.0 x16||Single Slot - 4.4" H x 9.5" L||4x Display Port 1.4|
|NVIDIA Quadro P5000||10/1/2016||Pascal||16Gb||256-bit GDDR5 ECC||288 Gb (max)||Yes (2x 8 pin)||180w||PCI Express 3.0 x16||Dual Slot - 4.4" H x 10.5" L||4x Display Port 1.4, DVI-D|
|NVIDIA Quadro P6000||10/1/2016||Pascal||24Gb||384-bit GDDR5 ECC||432 Gb (max)||Yes (2x 8 pin)||250w||PCI Express 3.0 x16||Dual Slot - 4.4" H x 10.5" L||4x Display Port 1.4, DVI-D|
|NVIDIA Quadro RTX4000||8/13/2018||Turing||8Gb||256-bit GDDR6||416 Gb (max)||Yes (2x 8 pin)||160w||PCI Express 3.0 x16||Single Slot - 4.4" H x 9.5" L||3x Display Port 1.4|
|NVIDIA Quadro RTX5000||8/13/2018||Turing||16Gb||256-bit GDDR6||448 Gb (max)||Yes (2x 14 pin)||265w||PCI Express 3.0 x16||Dual Slot - 4.4" H x 10.5" L||4x Display Port 1.4, USB-C|
|NVIDIA Quadro RTX6000||8/13/2018||Turing||24Gb||384-bit GDDR6||672 Gb (max)||Yes (2x 14 pin)||295w||PCI Express 3.0 x16||Dual Slot - 4.4" H x 10.5" L||4x Display Port 1.4, USB-C|
GXP® License Manager
The GXP License Manager has been updated to version 184.108.40.206. SOCET GXP v220.127.116.11 or later requires the GXP License Manager v19.0.0.x to run. For installation instructions and additional information, refer to the GXP License Manager Documentation.
Ensure the Job Service functionality is configured for optimal performance according to the procedures in the Job Service Settings section of the SOCET GXP User’s Manual.
In order to connect to an Esri Geodatabase directly in the SOCET GXP Multiport™ (without using the SOCET for ArcGIS® connections to ArcMap® or ArcGIS Pro), users must have either ArcGIS Desktop or ArcGIS Engine Runtime with ArcGIS Engine Geodatabase Update installed and licensed on their system.
- Supported versions: Esri ArcGIS Pro 2.2 – 2.6.1. For ArcGIS Pro, the SocetGxp.env file must be edited to include “GXP_USE_ARCGISPRO=TRUE”.
- Supported versions: Esri ArcGIS Desktop 9.3 – 10.8.1. For ArcGIS Desktop, the SocetGxp.env file does not need to be edited, since the default environment variable in the SocetGxp.env file is set as “GXP_USE_ARCGISPRO=FALSE”.
SOCET GXP for ArcGIS Pro
ArcGIS 2.5 will be supported by the add-in file located under Config\Esri, while older versions will continue to be supported by the add-in file located under the Config\Esri\Legacy folder:
- ArcGIS Pro 2.5+ = \Config\Esri
- ArcGIS Pro 2.2/2.3/2.4 = \Config\Esri\Legacy
Supported versions: SketchUp Pro 2017. The 64-bit version of SketchUp is required.
- SketchUp Pro 2019 is not currently supported
Google Earth™ mapping service
Google Earth Pro version v18.104.22.16876 is required to enable the export features. Run Google Earth in Microsoft DirectX® mode instead of OpenGL® mode to ensure SOCET GXP and Google Earth integrate with maximum performance. The Google Earth COM Application Programming Interface (API) is being deprecated. As such, later versions of the Google Earth mapping service may not interact with the SOCET GXP software solution. Google Earth can be manually launched from Windows, rather than through the SOCET GXP application, to enable some of the export features should attempting to launch fail from the Ribbon.
- Google Earth v22.214.171.12476 is currently supported with SOCET GXP v126.96.36.199 and above. Newer versions of the Google Earth mapping service are not supported, due to Google™ no longer providing their API. The Google Earth mapping service may be downloaded from here.
Users can export SOCET GXP features for visualization in ArcGIS Earth.
- SOCET GXP integrates with ArcGIS Earth v1.11 and later. ArcGIS Earth may be downloaded from here.
- The SOCET GXP integration with ArcGIS Earth requires the Windows .NET Framework v4.8 or later to be installed. This version of the .NET Framework is included with Windows 10 v1903 and later, and can be installed on earlier versions of Windows. Contact the System Administrator to perform this installation if necessary.
- Exporting features to ArcGIS Earth from SOCET for ArcGIS (SFA) is not yet supported.
SOCET GXP Capabilities
- Activity Reporting Tool (ART)
- SOCET GXP Developer’s ToolKit (DevKit)
- GeoPDF for SOCET GXP
- LiDAR capabilities
- Orthophoto Creation
- Sensor Model Support
- SOCET GXP Spatially Enabled Exploitation (SEE)
- Spectral capabilities
- Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) capabilities
- Targeting Solutions
- Visual Profiler